Saturday, February 16, 2008

OFF TOPIC: 30 Years Later

I received an invitation to attend a 30-year reunion of my St. Peter Celestine 8th grade graduating class. Wow! I did the math and yep...it's been 30 years.

Of course I had to rummage through the old pictures and stuff to see what remembrances I could dig up from this byegone era. I kinda felt like Indiana Jones in search of ancient treasure. After a little digging, I found the picture below of me and three of my 8th grade amigos:


My friends are from left to right:
  • Bart Heenan: currently lives in Virginia Beach and is CEO of Morphix Technologies. 20 years ago, Bart and his wife Karen set me up on a successful blind date with my [future] wife; and we have been happily married for 18 years.

  • Steve DeLuca: currently lives in the San Francisco Bay area and is a Portfolio Manager at Spinner Asset Management. I ran into Steve a couple of years ago at an Investors conference in San Francisco.
  • Bill Nicoletti: currently lives in Wilmington Delaware and is President of Visual Innovations. About 10 years ago, Bill and I played on an "over 30" baseball team together.
Yep...that's me on the right...pretty scary!

Lest I wallow in remembrances too long, I've come to the sobering realization that I was actually younger than my high school Junior daughter and I was one year older than my 7th grade son.

30 years goes by so quickly!

1 comment:

Todd Barr said...

Glad to see that you still have the same hairstyle. And it's still workin' for you, I might add!